Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Weight Loss Wednesday

I'm not a weight loss expert, and I am wondering why I am writing this today. Maybe just to remind myself what to do. Tomorrow is the big day. There is so much tradition in Thanksgiving, and it can be the start of a dangerous eating season for me. Here is how I am planning to make the most of my day tomorrow -

First I plan to get up early and run - I may even try a little 5K Turkey Trot. Then I will eat my usual breakfast, and I will avoid morning snacking. It helps that we are joining friends for lunch, so most of the food will not be passing through my hands on the way to the table. And the leftovers will not be in my refridgerator.

I will not make 7 layer chip dip, and I will not dip carrots in ranch dressing. But when it is time for the Thanksgiving Feast, I will enjoy it. I will not be on a "diet". I will eat what looks good until I am full. And maybe even beyond full. Then I will have a piece of pie. With whipped cream.

The danger for me is after the meal. The cold turkey on a roll with cranberry sauce. Followed by just a bit of stuffing. Which leads me to a tiny slice of pie. The sweetness of the pie will lead me to a salty snack of crackers with cheese, which will then require me to eat a bit of sweet potatoes. So my plan is to avoid the after dinner snacking by taking a nap and then packing my bags for Hawaii.

I will be brave. I will say "No Thank You!" and "I can't - I'm full!" and "That was delish, one slice was enough for me!"

I will also remember the waste/waist principle. Either you will waste some food or it will end up on your waist. Don't be afraid of wasting - there is no clean plate club.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

No clean plate club?! I think I need to start one.

Suzanne said...

When I was a kid, I was taught not to waste food. The priciple was good, but I went on to take things to the extreme. I couldn't throw anything away, even when I should have.

Now, years later, I realize that it's better to throw a little food away then to be fat over it.

Your plan for the day sounds great! Happy Thanksgiving! :)

Anonymous said...

You will come to our house and eat as much of whatever you want for the whole day and enjoy it. This is your last meal! With the Creer's anyway. That's an order from the Major!

Can't wait for you guys to come over! We'll do the 10K run on Friday morning at 0600.

wendy said...

We'll be over bright and early. That bird better be good and I mean it.

Anonymous said...

Wendy you are crazy! holy crap i need to join your maniac club to help me from not eating 2 pieces of pumpkin pie! haha! i love you! I can't believe you are leaving for Hawaii so soon!

Anonymous said...

Wendy, how did you do? Was your turkey day non-clean-plate-club a success? Love ya!