Sunday, January 13, 2008

Sunday Go Meeting Suit

This morning I was standing in the closet trying to decide what to wear to Church (skirt with big red flowers? purple linen shirt? black dress?) After trying everything on and deciding on the black dress (with my favorite turquoise necklace) I spotted Nathan's suit.

His black, pin-stripe church suit, hanging there between his green flightsuit and a pair of tan corduroy pants. For a second I thought I should take that to the cleaners.

I reached to pull out the jacket that Nathan wore to church each and every week and I found the most delicious surprise.

It smells just like him!

Clean and yummy.

A little like cologne and a little like his motorcycle (with just one car and Nathan attending early Sunday meetings, he was stuck riding his motorcycle to church each week. In his suit. Often in the rain.)

I think I'll wait a while before I have that dry cleaned.

9 comments:

The Mrs. said...

Its nice to have little smell good reminders around the house.

I find myself holding on to sweaters and shirts that need to go to the cleaners so then I have a "hubby errand" to run in the long stretches that he's away. I'll hold on to them for three weeks and then I'll take them. Makes me feel like he's part of the family again... wow that sounds really pathetic when I type it out. oh well its not going to change ! enjoy your suit : )

Mary said...

That's so sweet :)

nikko said...

Sigh. I would wait to have it cleaned, too.

Unknown said...

I would hold off, too! My hubby smells wonderful on Sundays. Though I fear what he would sniff if he did that to some of my clothes. :-)

Deanne said...

Oh Wendy that is kind of sad (in a sweet sort of way). Makes me say an extra prayer for you and your family.

Hey, Ryan is gone this week (London this time), maybe we should chat and commiserate, er, encourage each other! :)

Jody said...

Awww. Very, very sweet.

Amanda said...

That is so sweet! :)

Tori :) said...

I sleep with Sei's pillow when he's not here because it smells like him.
Hang in there. (((HUGS)))

Unknown said...

awh that was sooo adorable! you are blessed girlie, kathleen

ps. thanks for coming by my place :)