Friday, October 20, 2006



"Mother, I think you're mean," said Beezus...

" I don't care how mean you think I am," answered Mrs. Quimby. "You are not going to go, and that is that."

"But all the other girls are going," protested Beezus.

"I don't care if they are," said Mrs. Quimby. "You are not."

Beezus flounced past Ramona into her room and slammed the door. Sobs were heard, loud, angry sobs.
(Ramona Quimby, Age 8 pp. 153-154)

Okay, Wendy: Get ready, it is Friday and you know she is going to ask. Be strong. Say no. If you start to cave remember why:

"Because she comes home exhausted and grouchy...There are four people in the family, and she has no right to make the whole day disagreeablefor the rest of us because she has been up half the night giggling with a bunch of silly girls. Besides, a growing girl needs her rest." (pp 156-157)

7 comments:

Deanne said...

You CAN do it, be brave, be strong!

Your going to write a book about your experiences as a mother, right? I'm going to need help by the time my kids are Hannah's age (heck, I need help now!) So, when's your book coming out? :)

D

Anonymous said...

Oh, that's perfect! Good luck!

Amanda said...

I loved those books when I was in school. I've been wanting to buy them when the kids bring home their book orders, but haven't.

Good luck with being strong. Would it help if we had Hannah babysit tonight. That way she can't have a sleepover? I am willing to make that sacrafice for you! ;)

Millie said...

Make some plans that she can't get out of. :)

Donna Boucher said...

Stay strong!

But you know...she will move away from these friends soon...and well...this might be her very last sleep over.....

Anonymous said...

I hear ya! :)

Rosie said...

I am glad to see that I am not the only one with these problems. My 13 yr old thinks she is 18 so we have many struggles. Boys, and the phone-this generation of girls has had too many internal rules removed from them. Stay strong, we have to stick together!
Have you ever considered a "late night". They are allowed to stay at a friends really late(10-11) and then you go and get them or if at your house the other parents come and get them. This way they can hang out and watch a movie and when they are starting to get tired but really fight it and stay up late they all go home(or you get yours.) Good luck.