Friday, September 15, 2006

Grouchy

I have been so grouchy this week. Sorry Nathan.

It is all because of the stinkin' camping trip that Nathan is doing this weekend. I don't know why I have been such a baby about it. I mean, I want to be the kind of wife who says "Camping? Oooo, go have fun with the guys, you big hunk of a man...!" But I'm not.

I think I don't usually make a big deal about Nathan having his own fun, but I have been really grouchy about this trip. I mean, how much Man time does a guy really need? And what about me? I had plans this weekend...don't they count?

So yeah, I have been grouchy. And I have kind of enjoyed keeping that bad mood going. But....

As he and the other guys got ready to leave this morning, I was talking to one of the other wives, Jill (who was, of course, happy about the camping trip.) She asked if I could help her with some knitting. I'm not a great knitter, but she just wanted to make a little buttonhole bag like mine. So I printed off a copy of the pattern, and sent her off to the store for yarn.

She came back at about lunch time, and we knitted until it was time for me to go pick up Sydney. She already knows what she is doing, but is a little timid about following a pattern. And since I have done that pattern before, I look like I actually know what I am doing!

I had a GREAT time just sitting at the table with all the yarn, talking about the move and schools and kids' names and cooking.... And that bad mood just went away.

I meant to be grouchy all day (and maybe all weekend) but darn it, I had too much fun! We are going to get together again tomorrow to knit a little more. And maybe one day next week at a little bagel shop.

I know you probably won't read this, Nathan, but I do hope you have a great time with the guys. And I didn't mean that about getting eaten by a bear. Really.

No comments: