Thursday, August 11, 2005

John is Scared

We went to this cool reptile zoo/show place today, called Reptile Gardens. There was an alligatior show where we got to see a guy sit on an alligator, and feed the alligators chicken legs. There was a bird show where we got to see a hawk fly and hear some parrots talk. We were able to pet a huge turtle and a couple of snakes and lizards.

John was enjoying the different snakes behind glass in one area, when he called to me - "Mommy, Look." As I looked over at him he tapped the glass to show me an iguana, and the big Iguanna jerked it's tail up at the same time. John jumped and started to shake. When I picked him up he grabbed my neck really tight and said "Scared!"

He did not want to see any more snakes after that.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am a firm believer that scaley animals and animals that can get around without legs (i.e. snakes) are not to be trusted. They are too creepy! John is adorable!

Anonymous said...

I went Visiting Teaching the other day to NeCole's, with all the kids. Her kids were so excited to have guests, they had to show off their zoo. Peter and Michelle were very afraid of Rush and his giant spider. YUCK! I thought about holding it to show it wasn't that bad of a thing, but couldn't work up the nerve.

Batya said...

Fear is a form of self defense.

Pirate Princess said...

I'm with John! I'd be scared too... even if he's behind glass. Don't like 'um!