Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Snow

Have you noticed the cute little weather girl on my sidebar. I saw one on some other blog, and I think I must be getting the hang of figuring out my template, because she appeared right where I wanted her on just my first try. Apparently she will change clothes to reflect the current weather here. There were lots of people to choose from and also locations all over the world. Notice the hooded coat she is wearing tonight. It is very cold here. It says -11 F. Woe. She might need another layer or two.

We have about 6 inches of beautiful snow on the ground, and it is so cold that we could not make a snowman or even a proper snowball this afternoon, the snow just will not stick together.

I rigged a harness for Sam and attached it to our little red sled. Sam pulled John around the block (I walked with them with Sam on his leash, as John is not quite ready to be a musher.) It was very cute, but I am going to see if I can find information about harnesses for dogs and improve my design. Sam did a good job, but he seem a little nervous. John had a great time, though.

No comments: