Monday, January 10, 2005

Library Day

Monday is Library Day! It is time for me to find some new books to read. Here are some favorites from last year:

I like to read books on one topic for a while, then switch to another. Sometimes I get stuck on one author and that leads me to a new topic. I am just going to list a few books from each subject.

I started last year reading nonfiction/help-me-be-a-better-mom books:
Queen Bees and Wanna Bees
How to Get Your Child to Love Reading
What I Wish You Knew
Sink Reflections
Body For Life

Then I decided I was already pretty good (hehe) and I Journeyed to Africa:
Emma's War
Cry the Beloved Country
Ladies #1 Detective Agency

Next I read lots of WWII:
The Quilt
Citizen Soldiers
Band of Brothers
The English Patient
The Soldier's Return

I am still reading WWII books, but I am searching for a new topic, any ideas?

2 comments:

Donna Boucher said...

Hi Wendy,

I read two books that fit together in a nice way this year. First I read Better Off about a man and his wife going to live with the 'Amish' to experience life without gadgets. I liked this book very much.
And then I read a book about Amish life written by the son of an Amish family at the turn of the century.

The book about the Amish girl was called Rosanna of the Amish by Yoder.

Batya said...

I hardly get to read and what I read is generally borrowed. This reminds me that I have tests to mark.