Tuesday, January 11, 2005

More Books

I forgot another group of books that I enjoyed last year - Prairie Books:
Various Willa Cather books
Giants in the Earth
Dog of Discovery (and other Lewis and Clark books)
The Rapid City Indian School
Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee

How could I forget those? Giants in the Earth and Bury My Heart were both excellent books that have really stayed with me this year.

In other book news, John was a terror at the Library last night. He has fast feet and managed to pull books-on-tape off the rack, then he pushed in a section of books in the H-J area. Yikes, Bad Mom! (Oh man, I am one of those moms.) Looking back I can see that I did not plan well for our trip. I could not access the online catalog from home, I did not bring my big book bag, I did not bring the backpack for John to ride in, and I did not bring change for the snack machine. Needless to say, I did not get to go to the grown-up book section. Bummer.

No comments: