Monday, January 03, 2005

Resolutions

Vacation is over. It is time to get back to business. It has been a lovely 2 weeks with Nathan home, and no school, and no travelling, and sleeping in, and late meals, and lots of yummy snacks. But it is nice to get back to work. It is also time to get back in shape, ladies. I got up and took Sam jogging this morning. It is very cold here. I think I had a bit of ice on my eyelashes.

I imagine tonight Dad will hold his annual Family Home Evening about setting goals. I have been thinking about what I want improve this year. I like Mary's idea, I want to do a better job of celebrating with cousins and Aunties, even if we just celebrate through the mail.

I want to read a little more, and keep track of the books that I have read. I want to read a few more grown up books (though I do love to read whatever Hannah is reading, this week The Dragon Rider and books about Orville Wright) and I want to read more books aloud (current read aloud - Chronicles of Narnia)

We have a big formal dinner/dance at the end of February and I intend to look smashing. So, it is time to get jogging, drink more water, and even lift a little weights. Also I need to find a dress. Help. Maybe I can get Erin to find a dress for me. I have done just a little looking, and it appears that most formals do not come with sleeves.

I hope to keep up with the Sunday School and Relief Society readings. I don't get to go to those classes, but I want to read the Doctrine and Covenants this year. Someone gave me the RS book for the year, but I don't even know which prophet we are studying. I like to do my scripture studying while I am putting John to bed. I will dig though my Sunday bag and find the RS book and let you know who we will be reading about, after nap time.

I think that covers the 3 areas, Dad: Spiritual, Physical, Mental. For fun, I want to do a little knitting. Nathan made me a nice set of double pointed knitting needles and I made Emily a fun furry hat. Now I want to get some chunky wool and make myself a hat. After that I want to try some socks.

3 comments:

Batya said...

Nice to hear that life is "normal." Enjoy.

Donna Boucher said...

About the socks....

You can, do it, you can.
You can do it.
You can do it.
You can!

That is my famous :o)knitting cheer!
Donna

Anonymous said...

What a fun knittin cheer from Donna! hahaha!

-Mary