Wednesday, April 30, 2008

P.U.

I have a problem.

It really stinks.

I got caught in a flash-flood, monsoon-style rain storm on Saturday. My running shoes got soaked. Not just soaked, water-logged. squishy. squashy. wet.

I left them outside to dry.

overnight. for two nights. I don't run on Sunday, so they sat right there, by the front door, until Monday morning.

On monday I got up at 6am, put in my contacts, brushed my teeth, and stepped out the front door to put on my shoes. When I picked them up, the smell made my eyes water.

P.U.

Stinkified.

A stray cat had sprayed my favorite (and only) pair of running shoes.

So I went back to bed.

This is not something Febreeze can fix. There is no hope for my shoes. I can't even save them as a spare pair. They are done. Finished. fired.

Stinkin' cats.

10 comments:

Deanne said...

Seriously? A few shots of pre-wash (Oxy rocks!) and a run through the wash won't fix the stink?

nikko said...

Eeew!

Sounds like a great excuse to buy a new pair of shoes to me...

wendy said...

Deanne - The stink is so strong I don't want to risk ruining my washing machine. Seriously.

Nikko - I'm planning a trip to "The Running Room" tomorrow...

Suzanne said...

Oh, what a sad way for running shoes to go. Will they still make it into running shoe heaven if they didn't fulfill their destiny by being used until they were worn out? No seriously, that stinks! Have fun getting a new pair!

Tori :) said...

So...what you're saying is that if I can get a cat to pee on my shoes I don't have to run anymore?? ;)

Mary said...

That's gross! But hey, new shoes!!

Super Happy Girl said...

I still need to try that Oxyclean stuff.

Cat pee. Ewwww :(

Ann M. said...

Yuck. I think this is the perfect excuse to buy a new pair of shoes, too. Maybe even a backup pair.

Greg and I went horseback riding once in the rain and oh goodness did our shoes smell AWFUL after that. We managed to save mine but his were done for. Who knew wet+animals could do so much damage to footwear?

tootie said...

That stinks! (No pun intended.)

I love my running shoes dearly, and I would be really sad if that happened to mine. :(

You might be able to find a replacement pair on the internet. I found the exact same style/model of ones that I love (for a back-up pair) on the Brooks website, and they were discounted since they were an "old" style.

Amanda said...

There are few smells worse than that of cat pee. Ewwwwww!!!

Have fun shopping for new shoes! :)