Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Ocean

I went to beach today. All alone.

I had a few hours free and wanted to go swimming. So I grabbed some goggles, and a towel and headed up the road.

Waimea Bay was beautiful. The water was clear and the waves were mild.

It was really wierd to be at the beach and not "on duty". No big kids going too far out to holler at. No little kids getting knocked down by the waves. Weird. And fun!

Swimming was a nice change of pace from my usual daily run. I swam for about 20 minutes, then floated for a while, just watching the clouds.



I wanted some pictures for my blog, so I brought along our underwater camera, but I didn't see any fish while I was swimming. And without my kids to photograph I wasn't sure what to do. Then I decided to take pictures of my feet for you.

Warning.

If feet scare you do not scroll down.

Even if you are not freaked out by feet I should tell you that unfortunately I do NOT have cute feet.

They are rather Fred-Flintstone-like.


Sandy Feet






Underwater Feet




Floating Feet





For Nathan - quotes from Moby Dick:

"Yea, foolish mortals, Noah's flood is not yet subsided; two thirds of the fair world it yet covers."

"These are the times of dreamy quietude, when beholding the tranquil beauty and brilliancy of the ocean's skin, one forgets the tiger heart that pants beneath it; and would not willingly remember, that this velvet paw but conceals a remorseless fang."

15 comments:

Deanne said...

Oh wow, I'm a little envious of your ocean outing ALONE!!! That's awesome! Sounds like a perfectly heavenly time. Love the pics, feet and all! :)

orchard_girl said...

I love that you went swimming by yourself. I may have to try that one of these days!

I think your feet look a lot like my feet, but mine may be a teensy bit cuter. :P

Heather

wendy said...

Heather - you do have cuter feet than me. bummer!

Unknown said...

hi wendy -- so cute how you shared photos of your feet in different activities. getting your alone time in is supreme. i must have my alone time, too ... or i go bonkers it seems ... or cranky :)
good for you for doing this.

thanks for coming by my blog again and for sharing such sweet words about the little family.

great day happy feet woman, kathleen :)

Mary said...

I think a day at the beach alone sounds heavenly! Great idea! The water and the blue sky look so inviting, mind if I come along next time you have an alone beach day?

Cute feet! How did you miss out on having all but your pinky toe be about the same length like me? Talk about cute :)

Ann M. said...

Lovely pictures!!!

Lana said...

oh my goodness that looks so idyllic and wonderful!

Donna Boucher said...

That sounds heavenly.

Just heavenly.

Super Happy Girl said...

Are you kidding me?

This is like a dream. Like Heaven on earth...oh.my.wow.

Tori :) said...

I am so jealous!! I would LOVE living near the beach!!

Butterfly Wife said...

LOL! I love it. :D

Jrzy Army Wife said...

i love waimea. It looked so peaceful.. and the water's so purty. Glad you enjoyed you peacefule day

Anonymous said...

Wendy, I guess I have to be the "mom" here. Am I the only one who thought you should have had a buddy along with you just in case? It did sound like a lot of fun though and I do love the feet. They look a lot like someone elses. Mom

wendy said...

Hi mom,

There are lifeguards at this beach and I counted about 5 other people swimming laps. I also told a few people where I would be, just in case. Thanks for taking care of me!

love, wendy

The Mrs. said...

that beach looks beautiful. and your feet arent like fred flintstones. or did you photoshop them a bit? : )

glad you got some peaceful time in a lovely setting.