Sunday, January 21, 2007

Righteous Men are the most Romantic Men

That is making me giggle to just type it. Don't get me wrong. I think it may even be true, but hearing this cute little Hawaiian/Chinese girl preach it from the pulpit during Testimony Meeting earlier this month was kind of fun.

The first Sunday of each month, all the Mormon's around the world start the day by fasting (no food or water for 2 meals or 24 hours, depending.) During Sacrament Meeting there is no assigned speaker, and members of the congregation can stand at the pulpit and Testify of Christ and His gospel.

The first Sunday in January was our first Fast Sunday in Hawaii and in our new ward. That Sunday many of the Testimonies were given by the members of one family. There is a really neat extended family in our ward with the parents, and a couple of grown children who live nearby - and lots of cousins and Aunties. On this Sunday all of their children and grandchildren from Utah, and Arizona, and all over were here too.

One of the daughters who lives in Utah (I think) got up and stated that Righteous Men are the Most Romantic Men, and went on the let us know that everything in your marriage will be improved when, as couples, you grow closer to the Savior. Then she got maybe a little personal about the many ways your marriage can be improved. Yikes!



This weekend, my Romantic Man took me to the Laie Hawaii Temple. It is a very beautiful Temple, and the grounds around the temple are lovely. It's been about 6 months since we last hand a chance to go to the temple, and about 6 years since we last lived close enough to a temple to go as often as we would like. Going to the temple makes me feel closer to my husband and to the Lord.

So, let me repeat that. Righteous Men are the most Romantic Men. Maybe she's right.

5 comments:

Lana said...

I agree, I also think they are the most attractive. I don't know why but when there is a man who I know is kind and a good priesthood holder and always find him more attractive, funny.

Sounds like your new ward is great.

Mary said...

That is such a funny story! I can totally picture that meeting!

My righteous man isn't too romantic, but I knew that going into our marriage. (That won't hurt his feelings, he knows) He is lots of fun though! I agree with the righteous guys being the most attractive!

Suzanne said...

LOL! Sometimes things get said in Sacrament Meeting where you wonder when the Bishop will stand up and tap the person on the shoulder.

In another ward during Relief Society, we were talking about the Priesthood and a lady said that it's a turn on when a guy uses his Priesthood. LOL! I think the room was completely silent...

I agree about righteous men being attractive. When my husband does cute Daddy things (like playing with the kids) that's also attractive! :)

Anonymous said...

I have a gem of a romantic man myself.. :)

cute cute story!

Amanda said...

I couldn't agree more! Very romantic and very attractive they are. I've always wanted to go to the Hawaii temple. How far are you from it?