Tuesday, September 28, 2004

To Bunko or Not to Bunko

So far I have avoided Bunko Night. The squadron wives group has a bunko night each month. My neighbors always go and always invite me, but so far I have had good excuses not to go. I don't actually know what bunko is, but I think it is cards or dice or something. The wives group has other activities each month - a monthly meeting ( A Coffee), activities for holidays, kids things, etc. So I don't feel like I need to offer anymore of my time to the wives group, especially with church activities each month (this month more than others)- RS, primary activity, stake training, stake conference, etc.

Anywho, we went to our neighbor's house for dinner tonight. There were a couple of other moms and kids there, the food was great, the dessert was yummy. It was fun. So she mentioned that tomorrow night is Bunko, and it's right here at the community center, they have dinner, and there is babysitting. So should I go? It could be fun. I don't know a lot of the ladies very well, and it is fun to talk when you are busy with something. Eh, I think I won't go. Bedtime is tricky even when we are home all evening. I don't know. I could go at 6:30 and be home at 7:30, but what if you want to leave, but can't because you are right in the middle of a game? Hmm. I will think about it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wendy, Randy and I went to a bunko party here - our first time playing. It is a dice game, you have to try to roll the dice to add up to a certain number and the first one to get it each time wins. There were no prizes at the party we went to, so the winners just got my respect. It was pretty fun and I imagine you would have a good time chatting with the other ladies - though it does require a partner, at least I think it does b/c we were in teams of two. As for deciding whether or not to go, I'm a whimp and would probably stay home if Randy weren't with me, but I'm sure you would enjoy an activity outside the house. -Mary