Monday, September 20, 2004

Big Chorus Now

I survived another solo Sunday. I think that is a great accomplishment. Sundays can be difficult days around here. With Nathan gone I have been doing a better job of doing everything I can on Saturday night. Because Saturday is a special day; it's the day we get ready for Sunday. Sunday mornings go so much smoother when I pack my bag, bathe the kids and shave my legs on Saturday.

John is very loud during Sacrament Meeting. He doesn't say much more than Dada, but he has a variety of expressive grunts. Here are some rough interpretations of our sacrament meeting conversation 1-Don't hold me. 2-I can hold the bread tray. 3-Why just one cup of water? there are lots on the tray. 4-Get me out of here.

John and I spend a lot of time in the overflow. It is my little secret. Most parents of babes wander the halls or stand jabbering in the foyer, but I have found that the overflow is empty and quiet, and as an added bonus I found the nob to turn on the sound from the chapel. So I sit on a comfy chair listening to the speakers while John wanders around. He never makes a sound in there. It is so strange how expressive he becomes in the chapel.

I abandon the girls in the chapel. I think they do okay. When I gather my things I can see that they spend their time eating John's snacks and making those drawings of mismatched heads and bodies.

Yesterday, Sydney and Emily had to use the bathroom near the end of Sacrament meeting so I had them come sit by me and John for the remainder of the time. We were listening in the overflow as he congregation was singing the closing song. Right near the end the chorister shouted out: "You got it now, BIG CHORUS!" Sydney cracked up and nearly fell out of her chair. wacca wacca wacca. Not quite the Mormon Tabernacle Choir.

3 comments:

Laurie said...

Wow! This blog is FABULOUS! I really like how you reminisce about Modesto. This makes reading your blog a trip down memory lane. I'll be back for more!

wendy said...

Wow, look at me, I have a comment! Thanks Laurie.

wendy said...

Hey Anna,
You are great! Thanks for being a true fan of this very cool blog.