Friday, September 10, 2004

Roller Skating

I was the queen of the neighborhood rollerskating club. My sisters and I planned and performed elaborate skating programs with Deanne Raeger, our neighbor. We performed at the next door neighbor's double length driveway - I think mainly because they must have parked in the garage while our red and white van always sat in our drive. California had great flat sidewalks for skating. Our neighborhood here in Rapid City has nice hills. That makes skating very exciting on the downhill, but not so fun on the way back up.

Tonight I discovered why I need the jogger stroller to hold me steady - it's the rollerblades. I am not such a graceful rollerblader. I need rollerskates. I can skate on four wheels/foot. Remember rollerskating at Willowa Lake? Good time. We had a birthday party at the base youth center tonight. They had brown lace up skates from when I was a kid. Ahhhh, what great skates. This was as cool as RollerKing only no disco light or speedskating. We put John in the stroller and Sydney pushed him around all evening while I skated backward with Emily. Sydney and Hannah are RAD rollerskaters. I think we may have to go skate again next week - we could even get a licorice rope at the snack bar.

1 comment:

wendy said...

Size 7 is just the right size. I noticed that Hannah is working on another BFN. I imagine she will have one ready for this weekend. By the way, I have a pair of black dress shoes (but not too dressy.) They are just a wee bit big for me. Do you want them?