Friday, September 17, 2004

Spelling Tests

I am a terrible speller, but Hannah seems to have inherited Grammy's spelling tallent. We reviewed her spelling list last night to prepare for today's spelling test. In second grade Mrs. Whetstone was my teacher, and each week for spelling there would be a couple of bonus words. I never got any of the bonus words correct, but our neighbor Stephanie always did. This did not make me feel too bad, until one week when the bonus word was talent. Yipee, I thought, I can spell that one! It was not until after the test that I learned that someone made a spelling error when they put up our street sign. We lived on Tallent Drive. I still have problems spelling talent (or is it tallent?) correctly. Dang. No bonus points.

1 comment:

wendy said...

I loved how you spelled tallent. It made me feel right at home. I always spell tallent the true way.