Sunday, September 26, 2004

John is 1

John has his first job. He can now turn off a light all by himself (if I hold him up to a light switch.) I am strangely proud. He seems proud of himself, too. Each night as I walk into his room at bedtime I say, "Turn off the light." John reaches out his little pointer-finger toward the light switch, then with all his might he flips the switch down. Sometimes we do this a few times before heading to the rocking chair.

There are a lot of nice songs (and poems) to sing with a baby named John. Here are a few: Are you sleeping Brother John? (sing each morning as John gets dressed for the day) Diddle Diddle Dumpling My Son John (we have a rather worn board-book from when Hannah was a baby. A favorite.) Johnny, Johnny, Johnny, Johnny. Whoops Johnny. (fun for sacrament meeting.) Johnny B. Good (B. short for Barrett - Nathan rocks out on the guitar or piano for that one.) I am always searching for more, so if you think of one that I missed, let me know. PS the poem about the piper's son is TOM not John - no stolen pigs here.

I will close this note with one last John poem
Happiness by AA Milne
John had his
Great big
Water proof
Boots on.
John had a
Great big
Water proof
Hat;
John had a
Great big
Water proof
Machintosh - -
And that
(said John)
Is
That.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love all the John songs and rhymes, they are really cute. Maybe we should think of a girl name that is in lots of songs and rhymes...like Mary...oh dang. I thought of a couple more songs for you, though they could be wrong!!!

1. John, John the great goose is gone and the fox is out on the town-o, town-o-, town-o!

2. Go tell Aunt Rhodie (?) John is sick in bed, go tell Aunt Rhodie (?) John is sick in bed.

John is such a cute little guy!