Monday, April 23, 2007

No Cool Story nominated me for a Thinking Blogger Award. I don't want to let her down, so I found a puzzle to make you think I know how to think. Thinking, always thinking...



May Day!



Each of the four women in this puzzle received a bunch of flowers from her boyfriend, for May Day - isn't spring wonderful?
Wanda's boyfriend, Mitch, gave her a huge bouquet of her favourite blooms, which aren't roses.
Matthew gave gladioli to his girlfriend (not Wendy).
Wynne received a dozen lilies, but not from Nate.
What type of flowers were given to each woman and who is her boyfriend?

Aaahh, wasn't that sweet of Nate?

I loved those logic puzzles when I was in about 5th grade...






Here are some blogs that make me think:

Mary in Mary-Land - She's my little sister and I've been trying to out-think her since she was in training pants. But she is too smart for me.

Muse at Meander - She is smart. She is athletic. She hitch-hikes. I love visiting her blog and learning more about her life in Isreal. I have been reading her blog for a few years and she keeps it interesting and educational and fun!

Amanda at Our Lot in Life is a real life friend from South Dakota. I stumbled upon her blog and spied on her for a few weeks before getting up the nerve to tell her. She is the book club queen and always inspires me to read and think.

Elizabeth at 3 Mo's and 1 No Mo - I enjoy reading about her "bi-cultural" family. She is some kind of shrink, and if you think she's not analyzing you, you're wrong.

and last but not least - Deanne at Fragile Flower is a childhood friend. She looks so smart in her black framed glasses and she is always doing cool things that totally suprise me - like auditioning for Deal or No Deal.


The participation rules are simple:


1. If, and only if, you get tagged, write a post with links to 5 blogs that make you think,
2. Link to this post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme,
3. Optional: Proudly display the 'Thinking Blogger Award' with a link to the post that you wrote.



7 comments:

Special K ~Toni said...

Congrats!

Not even attempting it!

Jessica said...

I am excited to figure out this puzzle, I used to love these things too, even if they do take me longer than most to answer.
Congratulations on your award, I love your blog! And Mary's too!

Super Happy Girl said...

I love not being disappointed in the morning :)
Maybe I should give my award back, since not only I can not solve that word puzzle thing but also, I got dizzy just reading it.
You are a huge thinker.

Deanne said...

I loves these puzzles too!! I figured it out!...Wanda loves asters 'cause that's what Mitch gave her, and you must really like roses and I totally guessed about Nate *wink*, Willow got the glads from her beau Matthew, and Miki gave the lilies to Wynne. Thanks for the brain tease!

I'm so honored to be among those who make you think....is it more like I make you think 'what is she doing??'?

Amanda said...

It made me dizzy too!

I am so embarassed Wendy, honored, but embarassed. Yesterday I wrote a whinner post about not being inspirational or thought provoking. Wahhh! Now I have to eat my words, yet again. Thanks for being so "thoughtful"! :D

ps. I didn't know elizabeth was a shrink. That makes me scared to have her read my blog. She must know how totally crazy I am. yikes!

Mary said...

Wendy, you are wrong, I have been trying to out-think you since I was in training pants! Trying to keep up with Ms. Tiki Hut has been my life's quest :)

Thank you, thank you, thank you for this great honor...

Donna Boucher said...

Congrats on your award, you smarty pants :o)