Saturday, April 28, 2007

Isn't That Odd? Most Unusual!

I just realized that for the next month the kids and I will all be a multiple of 3.

John is 3

Emily is 6

Sydney is 9

Hannah is 12

and

I am 30


Rather auspicous!

+++++++++++

I had to come back and edit this to mention that

my sister Laurie is 36

my sister Heather is 33

my sister Sarah is 27

and my sister Anna is 24

(sorry Erin, I forgot that you just had a birthday, and thanks Heather for reminding me that we are 3 years apart, not just 2, whoops!)

++++++++++

Here's a little fact about multiples of 3: if you are ever wondering if a large number is a mulitple of three, you can add up the digits, and if the sum is a multiple of 3, then the original number is also. Try this:

4674

4+6+7+4=21

4674/3=1558

so 4674 is a multiple of 3


--------------

677

6+7+7=20

677/3=225 remainder 2

677 is not divisible by 3

16 comments:

TJ said...

too much math!!! :)

Special K ~Toni said...

You think to much, but still interesting!

Lana said...

look at you doing all that math...and it's a Saturday even:)

Millie said...

There's a couple months each year when my kids' ages are all perfectly three years apart. It'll happen again on May 7 (when Harrison turns eight). It's the little things in life, right? :)

Amanda said...

I'm 33, Megan is 3, Jordan will be 9, but Scott (31) and the girls (7) don't get to be in the multiples of 3's club.

orchard_girl said...

Hey, I'm 33 until June. Laurie is 36. I thought Erin turned 19 a couple of weeks ago.
love you!
Heather

orchard_girl said...

ps I've always liked that you can easily tell if a number is divisible by 3.
Heather

Donna Boucher said...

Very cool.

The only neat number thingy about me is...

I was born in 1957 and I graduated high school in 1975.

I hope I live until 2057.
It only seems fittin'.

Carrot Jello said...

This is weird, but I feel like all I dreamed about last night is whether or not I left a comment on your Aloha Friday post. I must go check because I don't like math.

Mary said...

Smarty! Your family also has lots of 6's in it:

You and Hannah were both born on the 6th, Hannah's in the 6th month. Nate's birthday is the 24th, which adds up to 6. Syd's birthday is the 28th, which subtracts to make 6. Em's birthday is the 26th. You were married on the 6th (right?) I can't think of anything for John, but he's still cool.

Now who's the smart one, eh?

wendy said...

Oooo, Heather, I forgot, I kept thinking you were only 32...let me add that in there...

Super Happy Girl said...

This is just one of the many reason Wendy got a Thinker award.

Carrot Jello said...

Oh. I see how it is. Well, I know what 12 x 12 is. I'm not going to tell you. You'll just have to figure it out yourself.

wendy said...

sorry CJ, but I read a book about mulitplying bunnies when I was in 4th grade, and ever since then I have known that 12 x 12 is 144. S M R T You and me!

Anonymous said...

All you Mathletes make me sick.

Nate

Jody said...

Wendy, your kids and mine are the same in age. I didn't realize that until now.