I was "Tagged" by TexasBlu and I feel so honored. But I think I will probably have to break the chain - I just have one person to tag - sorry!
It turns out that I have broken many chain letters in my life and I did not recieve $5000 in the mail, or 100 childrens books or money for new furniture, but so far have not been the target of too much bad luck!
Here are the instructions for the person that I am tagging (sorry Laurie)
Remove the blog in the top spot from the following list and bump everyone up one place. Then add your blog to the bottom slot, like so.
1) Flip Flop Mamma
5) Rapid Life
Next select five people to tag:
(Here's where I am having trouble - I enjoy reading blogs, but I don't feel like I am buddy-buddy with anyone, so I am just going to tag my big sista.)
1) Laurie at Prairie Tide
What were you doing 10 years ago?
10 years ago we had a cute little 2 year old baby girl and Nathan was in College. He was making the scary transition from the Jr. College to the CSU in Turlock. We drove a '77 Toyota Corolla and Nathan had a motorcycle to get him to school and work in rain or shine. We lived in a tiny 1 bedroom apartment, and Hannah's bedroom was in the living room, kind of behind the couch.
Hannah and I spent a lot of time swimming in apartment's the pool and blowing bubbles. We also hung out at the Brinton's house several times a week. We lived in that apartment for another 8 months before we found a great house to rent.
I spent a lot of time listening to NPR and sewing. I wore glasses. I babysat for Leona occasionally, and I was the Primary Secretary and worked with some incredible women. That was the 2nd of 8 Primary Presidencies that I have worked in. That was a good time.
What were you doing 1 year ago?
I was heading back to Utah in my brand new car to pick up Hannah and Sydney after they had spent a week at my parents' house. I got to spend a week there too, before heading home - picking berries, swimming at the reservoir and touring BYU.
Five snacks you enjoy:
1) Wheat Thins
2) Fat Free Pringles with fresh salsa
4) Armadillo's ice cream
5) homemade chocolate chip cookies
Five songs to which you know all the lyrics:
1) Graceland - Paul Simon
2) Jackson - Johnny Cash
3) Any Man of Mine - Shania Twain
4) Copperline - James Taylor
5) I Can't Say No - Oklahoma Musical
Five things you would do if you were a millionaire:
1) Buy a home
2) Travel through Europe
3) Hire a Cook/Laundress/Housekeeper
4) Go to DisneyWorld
5) Save for a rainy day
Five bad habits:
1) I can't stop running over the grass when I park my beast of a car. There is a muddy patch right on the corner of our lovely lawn - all thanks to my bad driving.
2) I forget to move the laundry along, and in the morning I find a big load smelly clothes that has to be rewashed.
3) I get on the computer when I should be fixing dinner or moving along the laundry or going on a walk.
4) I love to sleep in.
5) I make piles of papers on my desk, and on the kitchen counter, and on my hope chest.
Five things you like doing:
1) Talking on the phone with my mom and sisters
2) Reading - books and blogs
3) Baking bread
4) Going to the neighborhood park with the kids and pushing John with a big "under-dog"
Five things you would never wear again:
1) Knit pants (I do have 2 pairs of knit capris for working out, but you know what I mean)
2) The cute black shoes with the reallllllly high heals - I am just not coordinated enough.
3) My coat and snow pants - at least for a while.
4) A cool-aid mustache
5) My "fat" jeans
Five favorite toys:
1) The wooden marble run
3) Little People Barn
4) the dolls mom made
5) the scooter
Five favorite books:
1) Anne of Green Gables
2) Barn Dance - by Bill Martin Junior
3) Anna Karenina
4) A Year Down Yonder
5) Harry Potter
Five favorite movies you love to watch over and over:
1) Anne of Green Gables
2) The Parent Trap
3) Pride and Prejudice
4) A Room With a View
5) Toy Story
:) Your turn!