Friday, July 21, 2006

Flight Suit Party

Nathan's squadron is hosting a Flight Suit party in August where wives/husbands can dress up in their husband's (we'll just assume from here on out that those dressing up will be the wives - I can't imagine the one husband I know wanting to wear his wife's flightsuit to a party) uniform.

A lot of the girls are talking about cutting up the flight suit to make a fun little party dress to wear. Basically going from:


I don't know who this guy is, but he looks HOTT!


to this:

Imagine this with more coverage up on top, in a dark green color with more of a shirt waist and I think its what I want. I like the bit of netting underskirt there.

Here are some more dresses I found when searching for "shirtwaist dress"

Maybe more of a shirtwaist dress


Aren't these cute?


another cute one!


So is it possible to perform this kind of magic? I don't know. I think I need mom's expert help.

The more I think about it, the more I think I should probably just go in the flightsuit and skip trying to make a dress - it could be a miserably embarrassing flop!

I do get to have my own velcro name tag - black background with my name stitched in Pink!

6 comments:

Donna Boucher said...

What a darling idea! You sure picked a cute style of dress :o)

I always loved how June Cleaver dressed in Leave it to Beaver!

Sounds like fun.

And I think it would be a great idea for Project Runway!

Anonymous said...

I love those dress ideas! It would be adorable! I imagine you would have to add extra fabric to make the skirt full, but the dress style would be really cute on you. Fun party idea!

Anonymous said...

p.s. Then you could always wear that for a Halloween costume.

Laurie said...

I think you would look HOT in a flight suit!

Pirate Princess said...

If you pull it off, post pictures - I've gotta see! :)

Pirate Princess said...

Hey Wendy - I tagged you! :)