Thursday, November 20, 2008

Pilates and stuff

I went to the Pilate's class today that I tried to go to last week, but missed. Have you done pilate's before? I haven't. It was kind of interesting. Very relax-y. Stretch-y. Not high tech. I have a feeling my tummy will be sore tomorrow. I am planning to go again next week.

I am still not eating sugar. I did just fine at yesterday's pre-Thanksgiving dinner. While preparing the candied yams, I was a little shocked by all the butter and brown sugar. More sugar than yams, actually! I skipped the yams. And the pies. I brought home some cake and cookies for the kids. I did not sneak into the kitchen to eat the treats.

My 21 sugar-free days ends next Tuesday. I feel kind of powerful and strong. It turns out I don't NEED it. There is a bag of peanut M&M's in the kitchen and I haven't had a one. And I'm not even feeling sad or left out about that. Do you know how unusual that is for me? Candy, chocolate in particular, usually CALLS to me. I am planning to stay in control of my eating and limit sugary treats to Holidays and other special occasions, not each and every afternoon.

I just ran in and weighed myself. I'm down one pound since last week and I am now at a reasonable weight for me. So I won't mention my weight again here.

That's good. In other news, I haven't been to the beach in almost a month. That is not good. I am going to fix that this weekend.

What are you fixing for dinner? I am not interested in cooking, but my family keeps expecting to eat all these meals. Crazy people. Help!

7 comments:

Deanne said...

Pilates.....yes, you most likely will have sore abs tomorrow. I've done pilates, and I like it! I like not getting all huffy, puffy, and sweaty.

dinner....i'm doing leftovers tonight. ryan was going to take the lasagne for lunch today, but thankfully i walked into the kitchen just in time to save dinner! :)

Tucker and Kira said...

Did I mentionn how much I love to read your blog!! Great job on the sugar and pilates and all that stuff. For dinner? Try this: layer thawed chicken (tenderloins or breast), good seasons italian seasoning, sweet potatoes, or potatoes (peeled and sliced thin)more seasoning. french cut green beans more seasoning, and a couple flats butter on top. Cover and bake 350 for 2 hrs. So yummy!

compulsive writer said...

Keep us posted on the Pilates. I just might break out my DVD and give it a try.

Linda said...

I had twins 7 weeks ago, so I'm trying to lose some weight too, but I don't think I could give up sugar...even for a little while. Good for you!!

wendy said...

hi my name wendy as well and im 12 i read that you live in hawaii and are army mom i live near wheeler air force base and scofield barrecs (or how ever you spell it) i would like meet you some time im always looking for friends email me at porjes hawaii.rr.com thats my moms email. see you soon

PS: my family is not in the army but i would still like to be friends by the way sorry to ask but whats your email im not lying about my idenity

pss:whats the name of your kids id like to meet them

The Loveridge Family said...

Hi Wendy! This is Mary's friend, Lynette. Thanks for your comment on my crafty blog. The pattern I used for the dress and shirts is actually a real pattern, but the crayon roll pattern i got from here: http://www.skiptomylou.org/2007/04/25/on-a-roll/ . They are super easy and fun for kids...i've made a bunch already :) Have a great day!

Jenny said...

I really need to join you in your 21 days sugar free. I am such a nut for peanut m&ms, all kinds of sugary things call my name. I am proud of you showing us all how to have some self control.