Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Bowled over

Nathan's two weeks of official leave is over tomorrow. Can you believe it's been two weeks? We have been partying hard over here at the Tiki Hut. It has been so fun to have Nathan home! and I have been avoiding the computer. I just haven't wanted to waste any time! But now it's time to catch up....


Bowling with John:






John has kept a list of fun things to do with his dad, and bowling was right at the top. Each and every phone call from Nathan, John would run down his list: bowling, snorkeling, wrestling, and the water park... so far they are 3 for 4.

John's score wasn't as good this time as the last time we went bowling, but his form was awesome! Here's a funny from John: the kids and I went bowling the weekend before Nathan came home. That makes it sound like we bowl a lot. Not so. Thank goodness for the bumpers! That night John said in his prayer "...and thank you that I got one strike and two spares at bowling..."

He totally beat me...

coming soon - scuba-ing. glider rides. a jam session. and a Lost casting call.

.

14 comments:

Mary said...

Those pictures are hilarious! John is such a pro! I'm glad you guys have had a great 2 weeks of leave with Nathan. It will probably be nice to get back into the regular rhythm of life now that his leave is done too. Fun!

tootie said...

Awww..that is too cute!

And please keep us posted on the Lost casting call!! That way us Lost fans (I mean, fanatics) can live vicariously through you :)

Tori :) said...

Awesome pics!!! I am so glad to hear his visit was great!

Unknown said...

John is so awesome! i think it is adorable that he planned a list of things to do with Nathan! i am so glad everything is going well and that you are all united! love you

nikko said...

Wait? He's only home for two weeks? Aw, shucks! I thought he was home for good!

Love love love the bowling pictures!

Amanda said...

Wow! I think you may have a future pro bowler on your hands. Check out that form! And a strike and two spares, sheesh!

Can't wait to hear about the Lost casting call, and the other stuff too. ;)

wendy said...

oops - confusion - Nathan is not heading back to Iraq. He had two weeks of leave, and now he's heading to work. But he'll be home in time for dinner...

Deanne said...

'Home in time for dinner'......that sounds awesome Wendy, again, I'm so happy for all of you!

Love the pics of John and his bowling form! Looks as though he could pass along some good pointers!

A Lost casting call???!...details woman, don't leave us hanging! :)

Lana said...

wow he looks awesome, like a pro!

Nathan has to leave again? I thought he was home home :(

Lana said...

oh wait I guess I should have read the comments, he is home Phew! Yeah!

.... said...

Wendy, I can't tell you again how happy I am for your family. Glad leave has been a blast and that they are 3 for 4.....looking forward to the rest of the photos!

~ASW

Don said...

OK - back to work is good. Home for dinner is good. For a minute it sounded like this was just a break in the deployment.

It sounds like you've made the most of the two weeks. I'm looking forward to reading about more.

Mary Peterson said...

His form was awesome! How fun!

Mary Peterson said...

His form was awesome! How fun!