Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Brrrrr-ing Brrrrr-ing



Hello, Who is it?






Hi Dad!




John loves to talk to his dad on the phone. For the last 5 months, each and every time they have talked, John has told him what he wants to do for his birthday. New things every time. A trip to the waterslides, bowling, a movie, back to the waterslides, to the beach, on a bike ride to the park, and so on. John is so excited about his birthday. Only 3 more months....




John is a fun little dude.

Isn't he cute?

Here is a poem about the dangers of using the phone:

Eletelephony
by Laura Richards

Once there was an elephant
Who tried to use the telephant.
No, no, I mean an elephone
Who tried to use the telephone.

(Dear me, I am not certain, quite
That even now I've got it right.)
How e're it was he got his trunk
Entangled in the telephunk

The more he tried to get it free
The louder buzzed the telephee.
(I fear I'd better drop this song
Of elephop and telephong.)



I wonder if my kids could even visualize that. Do they know what a phone with a cord looks like? Can they see that elephant with is trunk all tangled up in the curly telephone wire? I'm not sure...

10 comments:

Jody said...

Yes, he is absolutely adorable.

Your blog posts are delightful and fun. Thank you for that.

Deanne said...

It looks like your sweet son got a buz cut recently! :) Very cute!

Tori :) said...

Cute cute cute!!

That's so true. Do kids know what a phone with a cord is? What a rotary dial is??

Unknown said...

awh that is so cute. and you have the face of an angel in that smile photo. awwhh! kathleen

ps. thanks for your awesome comments on my bloggy. you are sweet :)

The Mrs. said...

he looks so much like you!

Amanda said...

He is so cute, and getting so grown up!

I think the same thing about kids and phones. In fact I heard someone say one time that their child actually told them, "Hey mom, they should invent phones that attach to the wall so they don't get lost!" LOL

ps. Did you hear that the Shirley's moved back and they moved into your old house. How fun to keep your old house in the ward! :)

Super Happy Girl said...

Super cute!!

LOL at Amanda's story :)

Mary said...

What a cutie! My kids love the phone too, but freeze up when someone talks to them through it. Only recently has Lindsey understood talking back. I'm not a phone girl so maybe she just hasn't seen me model what to do with it enough!

The poem is fun too :)

Anonymous said...

That poem made me laugh, but you're probably right I guess that dates us... who still has those telephones with the curly wire? Your son is adorable!

Jenna said...

Great post! I love that poem. I feel like i have heard it before.

You should write a letter to your phone, I am sure it would be halarious.