Thursday, May 17, 2007
13 things I need to do before Saturday, when my Big Sister and her family arrive at the Tiki Hut
1. Fluff Hammock.
2. Pick up porta-crib, high chair, and baby-gate from my neighbor.
3. Install an AC unit in the kitchen window.
4. Scrub out the bathtubs.
5. Remove books from the bottom of the book case and bring down a few baby toys. Also, crawl around and look for other dangerous items and put them away - ie the box of photos and John's paper clip collection.
6. Put indoor plants upstairs so baby Katie won't eat them.
7. Go shopping for stuff like water bottles and snacks so I look like I'm cool like that.
8. Decide whether to have them sleep in our room downstairs or upstairs in the girls' rooms. I just don't know which is best. If they are downstairs, they will have more room to roam if Katie doesn't want to sleep, and a little more privacy, but if they are upstair, Katie could have her own room - and the PT won't wake them up in the morning. I don't know. I think we've discussed this before.
9. Show Emily and John how the flush works on the toilet.
10. Sweep off back lanai (patio) and set out the little lawn mower and dump trucks for Katie and John to enjoy.
11. Stock up on sunblock and bug spray.
12. Paint my nails and pluck my eyebrows and chin hairs.
13. Iron my grass skirt and pick up my coconut bikini from the dry cleaner.