Tuesday, May 17, 2005


Gerber Daisies

I hosted a lovely baby shower today. I am so glad it is all finished. I ran all over town yesterday looking for Gerber Daisies. After 4 stops I decided to just make some phone calls. Gerber daisies go for $3.50 - $4.00 each. Ouch. I called Albertsons - Gerber Daisies - 3 packs of 4 flowers for $10.00! Yippee! That is less than $1 each. I bought several packs and put each daisy in a tall little bud vase, and set 7 daisies on the piano and 7 across the middle of the table. So cute!

I was up way too late baking muffins and vacuuming and washing walls. I think it is nap time.

We served bagels and yummy flavored cream cheese, egg souffle, muffins, fruit with a yummy cream and white chocolate dip, and juice, and cake. About 10 people came, which was just the right amount for our home.

This is the shower for the neighbor who had a little tussle with the other neighbor. We invited the other neighbor, but she did not come.

Did you see the pictures of the snow? It is all melted, but our big bush/tree in the back is all broken. We are going to have to cut it down. There was a lot of tree damage all over town.

We have so much going on this week I am having a hard time even thinking. Here are some of the things I can remember - Science Fair, play practice, Enrichment Meeting, class picnic, tour of middle school, last soccer game, baptism, scout commitee meeting (not going), wives meeting, another baby shower, family dance, piano recital, track day for syd, track meet for han, and, uh, hope that's all. It is busy, and crazy, and I have to take a nap every day so that I can keep up in the afternoon. What are you up to this week?

4 comments:

Pirate Princess said...

I'm sure not as busy as you! I'm just getting my house in order, making phone calls to the Bishop for Enrichment, my Enrichment leadr, RS Pres., & VTeachees. I am finishing a quilt, and busy with regular school. See? Not near as busy as you. Your shower sounds really cute. You really put in the extra effort. :)

Anonymous said...

The baby shower sounds like it was so nice. I LOVE gerber daisies, they always look so cheerie. Your decorating idea is adorable. My week feels busy, but Lindsey isn't allowing me much sleep, so I've been having a hard time getting anything accomplished. Please add to your list "Train Lindsey to stop waking up every 2 hours at night." Thanks, that would be awesome :)

Donna Boucher said...

Very cool flowers! Good shopping!

Laurie said...

Very Martha Stewart! Looks FAB!