Sunday, February 24, 2008

Concert in the Park

emily - 2003


Last night we took a blanket and some sweatshirts and headed to the park to see Montgomery Gentry (country) and Bowling for Soup (alternative rock) perform live. For free!

All week we've noticed big things being set up at the field across from the commisary - trailers and speakers and a tower and lights and a big huge stage. It was kind of exciting.

han, syd, em, and baby john - 2003


It wasn't as crowded and crazy as I had imagined. We had room to spread out our stuff and room to dance. And we danced!
Lucky for me, before we moved to Hawaii we lived in Texas and South Dakota where country music is all over the radio, so I knew some of the songs. Did I mention that this was my first ever actual concert? (but not my last. next up Jack Johnson)

lil' cowpoke - 2003


I did not bring Nathan's big fancy camera, as I was worried that it would be too much for me to keep it safe and keep the kids safe at the same time. So no photos.

Sorry about that. But in honor of Mr. Montgomery and Mr. Gentry I found some cowgirl photos to entertain you with from our brief stint in Tejas! (Abilene, TX, 2003)

cowgirl sydney - 2003


Yeehaw!

12 comments:

nikko said...

Sounds like fun!

The Mrs. said...

everything is always more fun when its free! and when you are dressed to party as your little ones were. the pics were adorable as always : )

Anonymous said...

How fun! I'm so very jealous that you are going to see Jack Johnson, my absolute favorite!!

Lana said...

i thought those pictures didn't look like Hawaii. How fun!
Where were you in TX?

I'm jealous you get to see Jack Johnson, we love him.

Jrzy Army Wife said...

OMG I was totally there too! We were right up front in the blue star section.They were so amazing weren't they. I was totally just gonna blog about that too. Added bonus... I got to walk. no event parking for me,lol.

wendy said...

jrzy girl - I wondered if you were going, we walked, too! I was wishing I had a blue star card...must figure out how to get that soon...

Tori :) said...

Bowling for Soup is so fun!!
Can I go to Jack JOhnson with you? Sei and I have loved him before you could buy his cds in stores. Sei's a surfer and owns videos produced by JJ with his music as well. LOVE him.

Cute cute cute pics!!

Ann M. said...

such cute photos!

Amanda said...

Fun pictures! How fun to go to a free concert! Yay for Jack Johnson too.

Keri said...

Love those photos! So cute! Glad you had fun at the concert :)

Mary Peterson said...

I'm glad you all had fun. I love free concerts!

Jrzy Army Wife said...

blue star card is easy... take your hubbys deployment orders and go over to acs. they'll do it for you right there on the spot. You can also register online.. either way you have to pick it up at ASC. If you have any other questions let me know.=o)