Monday, February 04, 2008

Emily's Tooth

This Tooth



I jiggled it

jaggled it

jerked it.



I pushed

and pulled

and poked it.

But --





As soon as I stopped,

and left it alone





this tooth came out

on its very own!


Emily has been waiting for-e-ver for her first loose tooth. It seemed like she was the last one in her class to lose a tooth, but it finally happened. Her tooth started to wiggle and shift around this weekend, and if Nathan had been here I'm sure he would have pulled it, but I don't like to see loose teeth let alone touch loose teeth, so I just took pictures (for Nathan and you!) and it fell out at school today!

How exciting!

I just hope our delinquent tooth fairy remembers to do her job tonight...

7 comments:

Jody said...

LOL! Our tooth fairy is a slacker too.

She looks so very happy in that last pic. Adorable!

Anonymous said...

She is too cute!!

The Mrs. said...

cute pic!

whats the going rate for a tooth these days?

Mary Peterson said...

HI Wendy! Your kids are so cute! Jamesy can't wait for a loose tooth too. He keeps coming up to me with a lot of "loose" teeth. Nothing has happened yet. Thanks for the comment on my blog. Can I have your e-mail address? Please e-mail me at mdurhampeterson@yahoo.com and I'll answer your question.

Deanne said...

Love the poem! And the first picture reminds me of the picture of you that you posted for your latest dental appt. :) Oh, and CONGRATULATIONS Emily!!!!!!!!!!!

**thanks for the pics of Emily! She's a cutie! :)

Mary said...

Yeah for a lost tooth! How exciting!

You can tell Emily that I swallowed the first tooth I lost (while eating cereal one morning - it was there, and then it wasn't). Wah!

Cutie Em looks so much like you!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to Emily! That is so exciting. I love the pictures too. Grammy