Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Tuesday

It is recess at our little Preschool. The boys are playing trucks and tinker toys and I have about 10 mintues to sit here at the computer.

Our letter today is K. We ate Hersey Kisses and shark bite fruit snacks. We made a letter K that can Kick, and practiced some of our own kicking. Next up is reading the Cat and the Hat and making Kites, then running aroung the house like Thing 1 and Thing 2. For lunch we will have turkey sandwiches and french fries with Ketchup. Fun!

*****

Thanks for your kind words yesterday (ooo, Kind starts with K, must talk about being kind...) One thing I decided yesterday is that we really need to make our weekends count. Not that lazying around the house is bad, but I think it will be fun to make some great memories in the next 3 weeks.

Some ideas for us:

Snorkel at Hanauma Bay
Go to the Zoo
Hike to the Lighthouse and keep an eye out for whales
Go body surfing at Malaekahana
And wade out to that little island
Go to the Temple
Play Sequence and Clue and Chess and Sorry
Netflix some Christmas movies

That sounds good.


************



Last night I finished The Life of Pi by Yann Martell. Have you read it? It is the story of a young boy from India who survives 227 days in a lifeboat after the ship he is on sinks. His only companion is a 450 pound bengal tiger. The adventure of his journey and truce with the tiger are amazing and full of rich detail - gathering rain water, catching fish, eating turtles.... But I found the ending rather disturbing.

After finishing the book I couldn't sleep, So I spent some time checking my blog statistics (hello to you reader in Spain!) and searching for Christmas presents online. I even ordered one...

+++++++++++++++++

The tinkertoys are being used as swords - time to go!

7 comments:

Tori :) said...

Did he end up eating the tiger? Or vice versa?
Thank goodness for online shopping. I've been doing ALL of mine online this year.

Mary said...

Hey, we are such twinners. We did letter K last week, and I've been reading Life of Pi lately too. I actually read it a few years ago, but it's slated for our book club this month. I love the language in the book. The author has a very soothing style of writing, at least that's what I have thought as I've been re-reading it, but I'm still in the beginning when the boy is talking about his love of the zoo and love of all religions, etc. The ending IS disturbing. I wasn't expecting it, were you?

Anonymous said...

Psh, I was the first one to read Life of Pi here,

I inspired my mother. The author rights in a very nonchalant style, I think, and it makes even eating raw sea turtle blood enticing.

But, I had a deadline, because I read it for school, and I didn't get to the ending. So, when I read it today (AT school), I almost puked. That is the most desturbing book I have ever read.

But very good, and it seems so life like. Even the end.

Deanne said...

I am amazed that your group of boys let you write your post!

I think it's a great idea to fill your weekends with great memories. It may help distract you from thinking too much about the future and you'll be making the most of your time while your at it. Sounds like a win-win to me! But, as always, be sure to take pics.......we, your ever loyal blog fans, want to see pics of whales if you see them! :)

Lana said...

I didn't love Life of Pi.
I do love the letter K and preschool fun!!

Elizabeth-W said...

I enjoyed Pi.
Our letter of the week is N. :)
I'm sorry you've been weepy. That's not a fun feeling to always be on the verge of tears.

Gina said...

I am excited to read that book! Thanks for the quick overview.