Thursday, June 21, 2007

Glorious Sleep


It is Thursday, and so far this week, all I've been doing is sleeping. Sleeping in. Napping. Going to bed early.


I am Little Boy Blue - under the haystack fast asleep. Luckily my little sheep have stayed out of the meadow.


A good laugh and a long sleep are the best cures in the doctor's book. ~Irish Proverb











Winken and Blinken are two little eyes,
And Nod is a little head,
And the wooden shoes that sailed the skies
Is the wee one's trundle-bed.
So shut your eyes while mother sings
Of wonderful sights that be,
And you shall see the beautiful things
As you rock in the misty sea,
Where the old shoe rocked the fisherman three:

Winken,

Blinken,

And Nod.





That's all I've been doing. But today I need to s-t-r-e-t-c-h and get a move on. Maybe go to the grocery store to re-stock the pantry. And go get my glasses fixed. And...

10 comments:

Tori :) said...

Aaahhh....

Deanne said...

It's hard coming back from a great trip and having to get back into the swing of things, especially when the rest of your family does not require any recuperation. Hope your up and around....nothing like running errands to get ya goin'! :)

nikko said...

I hear you. I've been sleepy, too!

Amanda said...

Glad that your little sheep haven't been wandering. I read your comment on Elizabeth's that the sun goes down there by 8. That should make summer time sleeping easier. :D

Mary said...

Man alive, I am beat too! The couple of days we spent at Randy's parent's house after the wedding, I was a zombie. And now that we're home, I just want to sleep! Luckily the kids cooperated and slept in this morning. Wonderful!

Super Happy Girl said...

I'm so glad I am not the only one who is exhausted. I love those figurines.

Well, back to dancing.

Carrot Jello said...

Hmm...are you preggers?

Lana said...

I'm looking forward to a good nap....I have one scheduled next summer during my DH and my 10th anniversary cruise!

utmommy said...

I'd love some good rest. I've slept only 10 hours in the last two days. I'm pooped.

Butterfly Wife said...

Ohhh. Sleeeeeep. Sooooo gooood. I just wish the doggies would let me sleep in late on the weekend every once in a while. Oh to dream!