Monday, June 25, 2007

Brave Sydney

Summer is here and we are spending a lot of it at the pool. The post pool is HUGE. There is a kiddy area, play area, lap swimming, a cool waterslide, two regular diving boards, two high dives, and one super-high platform.

Sydney has been pestering me to let her go down to the deep-end and try out the diving boards, but I haven't wanted to. That requires getting out. Getting a little chilly. And walking past the guys swimming laps for PT. Blech.

While I was gone, though, Nathan took the kids to the pool and spent a lot of time down in the deep end while Sydney tried out all the diving boards and the platform. What a fun dad!

Sydney's favorite is the platform:


On the platform


Stepping Off


Off the platform


Down Down Down


It was a long way down


Splash?


Swimming back




Ready to go again!

*******

As I was watching Sydney jumping off again and again, I heard some soldier guys trying to talk themselves into trying the platform "look, that kid's not scared, why are you?" and "she's like seven years old, dude!" They only went off the high dive...

19 comments:

Suzanne said...

What a brave girl! It looked so high up in the pictures. What a sweet hubby to do fun stuff with the kids while you were gone! :)

Unknown said...

I'm impressed, too. I never could make it off the high dive. Something about getting my face wet.:-)

Unknown said...

Little girl. Big diving platform. Great pictures.

Way to go Syd!

Tori :) said...

She is so brave!! It looks like a ton of fun.
Great pics

Super Happy Girl said...

What a super girl!
Count me in, I'm very impressed too.
You are cool Syd.

Lana said...

wow, you have a little daredevil!

Mary said...

Syd is fearless! Way braver than I am!

Elizabeth-W said...

Good for her!! I can remember being exactly that age, and doing the exact same thing, only in Texas, not in paradise :)
I remember the big boys (were they 16, 26??) teasing one of their friends that I just did it. I felt sooo smug!

Amanda said...

Dude, if she can do it so can you!! What a bunch of wimpy guys. ;)

How much fun is that!! Way to go Sydney!! Cool pictures Nathan!

When we were kids we used to love to jump off the high dive. I probably would have tried the platform. Not now, I would be too scared!

Anonymous said...

Yay! Excellent! (I especially love the comments from the guys.)

Anonymous said...

woowee! Sydney is brave! By the way thanks for putting the beautiful pictures of me and bridger from our wedding up! thanks again for all your help at the wedding you were a big help! love you! tell the kids hello for me and Bridger.

Batya said...

great girl
great pics

what a story

nikko said...

Great story! She is so brave. You wouldn't find me doing something like that.

Carrot Jello said...

Wow, that looks like a fabulous pool!

Sketchy said...

Wow that's amazing she's brave enough to do that! Way to go! And you got some great shots of it too!

Anonymous said...

Syd look so tiny jumping off that platform. What a cool girl!

Pirate Princess said...

Good for her! I like his "dude" comment. :D

Anonymous said...

yes, Sydney is the bomb-diggity. And she's trying to get me to go off the platform, too, but I just can't.

Anonymous said...

As I was looking at the photos I noticed how calm her face looks. In my younger days, when I would jump off somthing high, I know my face was like "nooooo"