Friday, April 01, 2005

John's loves our train set - the wooden one that you can put together all kinds of ways. He really likes to push his "cars" on the tracks, and he carries a train engine with him all over the place. Emily does not love playing trains with John. Emily is the track builder, and though John doesn't mean to, he often knocks over the bridges and makes Emily cry.

I 've been trying to get John to call the train a "train" or a "choo-choo train" but he calls them "cars". Then, as I was reading his favorite book "Freight Train" I noticed that the first pages of the book tell you the names of the different parts of the train - "hopper car" "cattle car" "box car" etc. They really are called cars! He is so smart!

Anyway, one of the engines has a battery (well, 3 of them have batteries, but only one battery is still going...and going...and going) I saw John carrying two engines this morning. Then I heard John yelling and Sam the dog ran past me. I though Sam took John's train, so I ran after Sam. I could hear that little engine chugging away. I found the train all tangled up in Sam-the-dog's long hair. Poor doggy. I had to cut the train off of him. That thing is dangerous. Good thing it wasn't Emily's hair.

-------------------------


Jump John

John is trying to jump. Getting both feet off the ground is hard work. Even harder is capturing a picture of those feet off the ground with a digital camera. Sydney was our champion jumper. She would jump off of anything and usually land on her feet. John is still pretty dangerous. He thinks he can jump off the bottom step, but...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

John learning to jump reminds me of Mary learning to jump years ago. Keith and I were sitting at the table down in the little addition on our home in Modesto. Mary kept trying to jump down the stairs where we were sitting. She would come up to the edge of the stair, get both feet set on the edge, get her little arms pumped up and shoulders ready and then. . .step down with one foot. Over and over. Keith and I laughed and laughed. It is so fun to watch your little ones grow up. I am anxious to see you all. Mom

Batya said...

Adorable.
The language development is like my granddaughter who kept looking out the window on a long car ride saying: (ok she speaks Hebrew)
"lots and lots of wagons/carriages" calling all the vehicles wagons/carraiges, like her favorite song about a horse and carriage

Anonymous said...

Peter and John will have lots of fun together this summer since Peter loves trains. Maybe you'll be here when "Thomas" visits.
Heather