Sunday, November 13, 2005

Weekend Highlights

Basement cleaned out and reorganized (boxes atleast piled a little higher)
Daddy Daughter Campout a smashing success: Backpacking + MRE's + rainstorm = FUN!
5 sample towels finished and way cute.
Primary Sacrament Progam completed. Phew.


After I bought the towels and got ready to sew them, I remembered that we have a dog hair problem. No one wants to buy hairy towels. I decided I needed to to take drastic action, and squeeze my sewing stuff into the basement. The basement has no carpet, and Sam does not go down there - perfect! After a couple days spent slowly sorting and shifting, and rigging a couple more lights and finding an extension cord I was able to get to work.

It so happened that we had an extra day this weekend, so Nathan packed up the camping gear and took the 3 girls camping up in the Black Hills. They headed out at about noon on Friday, and instead of getting right to work like I was supposed to, John and I took a nap. Then we went and hung out with our neighbor's kids while she took her neice to the ER (she fell while hiking, but she's okay.) When we got home it was time for a bowl of ice cream and bed. But we got up early on Saturday and got to work.

I thought we would have all morning to work, but Nathan and the girls were home by 9am. It gets dark at about 5pm, and since they couldn't have a campfire they went to bed early, so they were up early, and home early. They were suprisingly dry for hiking through a rain storm (The Man Scout was prepared with orange ponchos.)

They needed cocoa and baths, then we headed to the church to get things set up for the Primary Sacrament Presentation. Then back home to sew for a bit more - and wah-lah! Two bunnies, one duck, one shark, and one ladybug! They are really cute. Really. I know how to use the camera, I just forgot about it. Tomorrow. Pictures. Maybe.

There is really nothing to say about the Sacrament Presentation. We made it through. Only one little guy tried to rip the microphone off the podium, so we will call it a success. I also did a great Sharing Time about Testimonies. I think it was one of my best yet. I may be getting better at this Primary thing.

So tomorrow morning I am meeting with the store lady at 9:30am. I made up a little order form, but I didn't fill in the prices. I think maybe I will just see what she is thinking and go from there. Ahh. I don't know. Wish me luck!

I also thought of a great name:

4 Little Ducks

('cuz, you know, like, I have 4 little "ducks" and also the towels are FOR little "ducks". Okay, probably lame, but too bad, that's the best I got. And I could change it tomorrow.)

3 comments:

Laurie said...

Such brave campers!

Anonymous said...

That sounds like a busy weekend! I like the 4 Little Ducks name, it fits perfectly.

Donna Boucher said...

Not a lame name at all!!!
A perfect name!
And a darling label!

Well Done!