Monday, November 28, 2005

Leftovers

We sent half the turkey meat home with the Bolivers, but we still have loads. So far we have had just plain reheated leftovers, turkey sandwiches, turkey noodle soup, and turkey and stuffing casserole. I am making turkey fettuccini tonight for dinner.

I am also going to make 2 of mom's Turkey Rellenos to freeze. That should probably finish of the bird, but if there are any bits and pieces left, then I will chop it up with a little celery and dill and make turkey salad for my lunch, and if there is still some left, then I will freeze it for another batch of soup for next week.

Recapping the leftover ideas:
turkey sandwiches
turkey noodle soup
turkey-stuffing casserole
turkey fettuccini
turkey relleno
turkey salad
turkey devon
turkey enchiladas

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

All of those meals sound wonderful! Sadly, we did not get any leftover turkey to bring home. That's the bummer about going to someone else's house when there is a big group. Wah.

Donna Boucher said...

Why oh why is it that my favorite thing for Thanksgiving is the thing that is the scarcest?

GRAVY.

Gone way too soon!

Pirate Princess said...

We had so many people at our house, we didn't have leftovers.

I looked over some of your posts I've missed - you're hooded towels are very cute!!!

:)