Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Found

All summer I have been looking for two items: my favorite black slip, and my new black polo shirt. I haven't been actively searching for them, but I have thought about them occasionally, such as on a Sunday morning when I was trying to decide if I should wear the black button down dress. I had to say no, because I could not find the black slip, and the button dress must have a black slip under it for when the buttons gap a little. That day I looked all around my closet with no success. I have thought about the new black polo everytime I have had to wear the old faded black polo, and though I looked through my shirt stacks, I could not find it.

This Sunday I decided to wear a black dress that I haven't worn all summer because it requires tights and dress shoes, rather than bare legs and sandals. When I pulled the dress out of my closet I found my favorite black slip hanging on the hanger with the dress. Hurray! Then I had to pull out my box of put-away things to find my tights, and oddly enough, there was my black polo surrounded by black and tan and off-white tights. Double hurray! It was nice to start my Sunday on a happy note.

5 comments:

Batya said...

It's so funny when that happens. And about the "tag," instructions are http://me-ander.blogspot.com/2005/09/what-are-you-reading.html#comments though I'm pretty sure you know all about it.

Donna Boucher said...

My son left for college without his medium blue polo shirt. He looked everywhere. Last week as I was doing Katie's laundry...I found it :o)

Are you still running to school every day?

Donna

Anonymous said...

I love finding stuff I misplaced, it's like it's new all over again!

Anonymous said...

I love when I finally locate lost things.

By the way, Happy One Year Blog Birthday!

Heather

Pirate Princess said...

hehehe... clothes can be pretty slippery sometimes! Glad you had success!