Monday, June 13, 2005

Run

I am working on running. I am not a fast runner. Really more of a jog/walker, but I am trying to get moving a little more. After Emily was born I successfully lost the baby weight by running 2 miles a day and eating less. John is nearly 2 and I have not lost the weight, so I am trying the running/less eating thing. I don't think I am losing, but atleast I am no longer gaining weight.

Okay, so I have been following the coolrunning couch to 5K running program. I am up to 2-3 miles and feeling good.

My neighbor is a run/walker, too. She is getting ready to start training for a half marathon in the fall. She is trying to talk me into going with her. Does that sound too crazy? 13 miles? She has a pretty gentle plan that eases you into running a really long way.

So if I am going to do this, I need to start the pre-training workout:
3 miles on Monday, 4 miles on Tuesday, 4 miles on Wednesday, off on Thursday, 3 miles on Friday, 5 miles on Saturday. I am going to try it this week. If I can do it for the rest of the month without killing myself, then maybe I will start her training schedule in July.

The main problem is that this race is on Sunday. Do you think she would be mad if I just train with her and do not do the race?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that jogging site! I will have to try incorporating that into my routine. You always look good, but I'm impressed with you for sticking to your jogging routine. I've been trying to jog more than twice a week, but it seems I just can't do it more than that, especially with this humidity. Walking is definitely my favorite, and we take 2 walks a day, but I don't think those cancel out all the treats I seem to want to eat. If you train for a half marathon, you better run it, or else, why train for it? You can do it! It would be a good example to your kids of setting and reaching a goal, even if it sounds hard or scary :)

Anonymous said...

Ah, okay, I just re-read and noticed the race is on a Sunday. Maybe you could find a different race to do instead?

wendy said...

I just think I won't be able to do it on Sunday. I don't want Hannah going to soccer games on Sunday - guess I better set a good example.

Pirate Princess said...

Yep - stick to your guns! Sunday is always such an issue. I say go ahead & train & get the benefits, who cares if you actually run the marathon or not? That's great that you jog - I'm a walker myself. :)

Batya said...

Careful there. I had terrible back and knee problems during my jogging days.

Cool Dad said...

Yeah, don't run on Sunday. There are plenty of 10Ks and half-marathons on other days that it shouldn't be a problem finding another race. Good for you that you are getting in shape, I, too, am trying to lose the baby weight I gained while my wife was pregnant. Ugghh...