Thursday, June 23, 2005

I am Freezing

Our split level house has its own weather patterns. Guess what? Heat rises. I think we could plan some pretty impressive experiments showing that right here in our home.

Down near the TV it is always cold. The kids sleep in sweats and socks and extra blankets. Up stairs it can be really warm - especially at dinner time when I am pulling things out of the oven. I sleep in just my white jammies! We closed all the downstairs vents, hoping to encourage the cold air to go up, but it is still quite cold down here, and warm upstairs. Brrrr.

-------------------

Today was my rest day from running, so Sydney and I went on a walk. But first, Sam the dog escaped (BAD DOG) and we had to run around the neighborhood calling to him, trying to bait him with a tennis ball. So embarrassing. He will usually come back if you have a ball and pretend like you want to play, but today he found his own tennis ball and was not impressed with the one I had. He eventually decided to come with us on our walk. Nice dog.

Yesterday during my run (4 miles) I had problems with my shorts. I do not actually own any shorts, so I borrowed a pair of Nathan's official Air Force exercise shorts. It was very warm, so I was glad to be out of my usual Air Force issue blue sweats (also Nathan's,) but those shorts had a creeping problem. Chub-rub as Sarah likes to put it! Dang. I was so focused of keeping those shorts down, that I hardly noticed my sore foot. Blister, sadly, is still there. May need new shoes.

9 comments:

Laurie said...

I'm impressed with your running, Wendy. To respond to mom's comment, weeding does count! I read somewhere that working in the garden is roughly equivalent of going on a walk. Or something like that.

Batya said...

There are fans that can blow the hot air down.

Anonymous said...

Too bad about the "chub rub." Every girl's worst nightmare! I too do not own any shorts, but luckily Randy has a sweet pair of soccer shorts that I have adopted that don't ride up. Perhaps when you go shoe shopping, you should also treat yourself to a nice pair of shorts made for runners since you are doing such a good job of sticking to your jogging routine!

Anonymous said...

Wendy, I'm very impressed with your jogging. I think you should treat yourself to a new pair of work out shoes and shorts. Maybe as a reward for your 4 mile run. I've been trying to excercise a bit too, I find I jog really downhill. ahhh gravity.
Heather

Anonymous said...

Heather, are you supposed to be jogging when pregnant? You are brave!

Pirate Princess said...

I think it's cool ewaring sweats in the middle of the summer. I have a heavy blanket on our bed, as we sleep in the basement too. It can be dangerous though - it stays dark, so sometimes it's hard to wake up!

Anonymous said...

Wendy - how are you measuring your miles? Do you have a pedometer, or do you drive the route ahead of time or are you on a track or something? Just curious!

wendy said...

Mary- I just jog in our neighborhood. I have a 1 mile loop, and a 3 mile out and back (1.5 out.) The 1 mile loop got boring, so I did some driving around to find the 4 and 5 mile routes. I am pretty constant at 10 minute miles, so I think I can just go jog for 40 minutes and call it about 4 miles. A lot of people jog here, so I have asked them where they go, and how far, etc.

Pirate Princess said...

You've been missing in action... my turn to ask - where are you? :D