Monday, November 08, 2004

Meal Plan

Like I mentioned before I am not very interested in cooking lately. I am blaming this on Nathan being gone, but to be honest, I am not such a dedicated cook even when he is home. I like cooking, I just don't like to have to think of what to fix, particularly if it is already 5pm. So, I was thinking that if I have a detailed plan for the whole week, then I should be able to fix dinner with joy - without thinking. By the way, this plan will have to start on Tuesday, because tonight was piano/pizza night. Syndey earned a free pizza a week or so ago, and to stop the daily question of "when do I get my pizza" we went tonight. I will omit my detailed whining about eating out in public with 4 kids. Actually, 3 of the kids were great, but one 1 year old was not so fun.

On with the meal plan (Another note: we had roast on Sunday, so I will be using it up this week. I do not consider that leftovers.)

Tuesday:
Beef Stew, homemade rolls

Wednesday:
French Dip on homemade rolls, salad

Thursday:
Tacos

Friday:
Shell pasta with Alfredo sauce, salad, breadsticks

Saturday:
Leftovers, big salad, apple crisp

Sunday:
Breakfast for dinner


Hey, that was easy enough. Looks like a fine week of dinners, and some quick, warm lunches. Wish me luck.

3 comments:

Laurie said...

Howdy! I'm catching up with my blog reading tonight. Love all your entries. Much fun!

Must admit I am never very good about dinner during the middle of the week. Mary's the expert on cooking meals every night. When we visited her last summer, she had a spiffy meal on the table by 5:00 PM sharp. Very impressive.

I've heard of families that have a set menu on weeknights. Tacos every Monday, spagetti on Tuesdays, breakfast for dinner on Wednesdays, etc. On Weekends, they vary things more.

If it weren't just me and Randy around, I think I'd try that system on weeknights. Around here, Randy has to put up with dried cereal for dinner.

Love ya!

muse said...

I cook all the meat for the week when I prepare for Shabbat. Generally a lot of chicken. Meatballs and meatloaf freeze well. The chicken also freezes well.
You can make all sorts of things with the cooked meat.

JoyceMcB said...

Wendy, I found a little post-it note with your quick recipe for Chicken Pot Pie on it today as I was cleaning through one of those piles of papers I always have around - any ideas on how to get rid of piles? Anyway, I made it for dinner tonight and it was great!

Another idea, my friend JoNan cooks up lots of chicken and then makes several chicken dishes to freeze. Then she cooks up a lot of hamburger and makes hamburger dishes to freeze. She will make 2 or 3 weeks worth at a time. She freezes her caseroles in the bottom of ice cream buckets and then puts them in zip lock bags. The round shape is just right so that she can put the caserole in her slow cooker in the morning and have dinner ready by the time she gets home from work.

I have some papers she prepared for a Stake meeting if you are interested.