Monday, December 02, 2013

It's Monday


After I dropped the kids off at school, I moved a load of towels from the washer to the dryer, then i sat down at the computer for "just a minute".

I just noticed that the dryer has finished drying that load of towels, and I'm still sitting here at the computer.  I think that means it's time to get going.

In my defense I did spend some time updating my budget numbers on YNAB and paying bills.  So that's good, but I have a lot to do - why am I still online???  This week is PTA week* for me, and that means I don't have time to waste.  

(PS, while I was finding the link to You Need A Budget, I noticed that their budget software is on sale today half off.  I know it's silly to pay for a budget program when you are trying to save money, but I really love this program.  I have used it all this year and it has been life changing!  And I don't really think I did a bad job budgetting before...)

And I'm still online.  

So here's my To Do list.  I'll check back at lunch:

add in numbers to my budget
exercise (before I do anything else) (I almost died.  seriously.  should have kept up with exercising over the holiday...)

then:
post up Søster Barrett's blog for the week (I love that missionary!)
call phone company and figure out why our internet is wacky
clean up turkey stuff
pull out Christmas Things
move around some furniture to make room for the TREE (Thanks John!)
which means I have to: 
vacuum
and sweep

also:
wash two loads of laundry
shower
sew something
go to meeting at noon - take the computer - make sure you print minutes from last month
track my food
go on a walk this afternoon
don't forget that the Sister Missionaries are coming over at 4pm (unfortunately, they had a plumbing emergency and didn't make it.)
Turkey Noodle Soup for dinner

AND if you have a minute:
wrap up a gift or two
clean your room!

It's dinner time.  We are ready to set up the tree, but I need to do some clean up around the book shelves and little tables to make room for decorations.  I feel like I got a lot done today, especially this afternoon with John's help!  I think it helped that I did my best to stay off of the internets...


*PTA Week = meetings on Monday and Tuesday at the Middle School and Elementary School respectively.  Then I have to get my notes from the Monday meeting edited and posted to the website. AND I have to gather everything from Tuesday's meeting for a newsletter that should be submitted by Friday.  That takes most of Thursday morning.  I know it's all silly stuff, but it takes time.  TIme I would be wasting online apparently...

1 comment:

Mary said...

Great job Wendy! That is a busy day! Makes me feel like I can't complain about being busy when I see a list like that!