Monday, April 23, 2012

Prom Prom Prom































Prom was Saturday.
Oh the excitement!
I was still sewing at 10:30pm on Friday!  
But I didn't have to do a stitch on Saturday, which was a good thing, because I had to run to Waldamort for foodstuff for dinner.  4 couples for dinner was a treat!  

A woman in our ward is a hairdresser and she invited the girls to come do hair together at the church on Saturday at about noon.  Hannah had a great time and loved her hair -- a slightly messy french twist.

There is a traditional photo stop at The Chapel in the Hills.  Hannah's large group of friends had a little trouble getting going (hair not done, dress fitting, etc) so just Hannah and her date (and I and about 300 other kids and parents) went to take photos at Stavkirke.  That's where she met up with her friends from school.  It was really fun to see all the prom dresses and tuxes.  

The group of kids from church were finally ready and got together to take photos before dinner.  I had to run home to fix dinner (salad, dijon parmesan chicken, mini red twice-baked potatoes, asparagus, homemade rolls. Yum!) so I haven't seen all the photos that Sis. Lewis took, but I can't wait! 

Emily and her buddy Anna were the cutest waitresses ever (did you see the menu they made?), and listening to the couples talk and laugh was priceless.  

Our bishop was the chauffeur in his fancy blue car.  Looking in the car at all eight kids squeezed in reminded me of the Weasleys!

The dress was lovely.  The jewelry sparkled.  Hannah was beautiful.  The date was handsome.  The group was fun.  And a midnight curfew, meant a nice night for all of us! Yay for Prom!


4 comments:

Mary said...

I have loved watching the dress progress and hearing details about the jewelry, hair, etc. Totally fun! Hannah looks so pretty.

Wendy, you did such a nice job on the dress. I'm not sure why, but those little tiny sleeves are my favorite part. Such a cute detail! Also, I said it on facebook, but I love your map and I want one. Way to be a nice mom to not only make a prom dress, but host a big dinner with cute waitresses as well!

And now you have a few years break before you have to do that all over again.

Mom said...

Like Mary, I have loved being part of the planning, sewing, trying on, angst, and finally the finale! Wonderful and perfect! It looks like Hannah and her date had a great time! She is beautiful! He is cute, especially in the picture where he is holding her. What fun! Thank you so much for including us.

Unknown said...

Yay! I love seeing these pictures! Hannah's dressed turned out beautiful, amazing job Wendy!
Hannah is such a beauty! I am glad she had such a great night. Hannah and her date look so cute together. She is so grown up!

Deanne said...

Love, love, love the dress Wendy! From the pictures I can tell that Hannah had the best dress at prom. Excellent job! :)